- IAABO officials are licensed and insured by board #134.
- All IAABO officials must pass a background check before they are allowed to officiate any games for the association
- IAABO officials are encouraged to go official schools during the off-season in order to perfect their officiating craft.
- IAABO officials are approved members of the association and are state certified to officiate games.
- When you hire IAABO officials to service your tournament, you are getting quality, skilled and trained officials with the utmost professionalism and not “renegade” officials which do not possess any of this
- IAABO officials maintain the highest standard of basketball officiating.
- When you request IAABO officials to do your game or tournament, you have an adequate number of throughly trained and capable officials.
The purpose of this organization is to:
- To promote the welfare of the game of basketball, its players and officials
- To maintain the highest standard of basketball officiating
- To encourage the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship
- To have available at all times an adequate number of thoroughly trained and capable officials
- To cooperate with all organizations officially connected with the game of basketball in furthering its interests and ideals
- To enforce uniform interpretation of rules as approved by the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO)
- To serve as an educational and training organization for officials, and
- To protect the interests and welfare of its membership.
Providing quality officiating since 1952, Approved Basketball Officials of Southern Maryland District Board No. 134 of Southern Maryland…